About the project
Lend your support to the process of the creation of Duck Duck Grey Duck’s very first album.
The 15 songs for Duck Duck Grey Duck’s new album were hastily recorded over three days during winter 2014. We self-financed the first part of the process ourselves, to the tune of 3,500 francs. Now we are looking for outside support for finalizing the album! We still have to secure funding to cover one more studio day, the mixing and mastering, the graphics design and the pressing of both the vinyl and the CD.
This first Duck Duck Grey Duck album was recorded in a non-premeditated, instinctive manner. Inspired by the monsters of modern blues revisited (Black Keys, Night Beats) and deeply influenced by The Tradition, Duck Duck Grey Duck has a delicate vintage sound and produces a mix of ancestral grooves and fuzz atmospheres. All of this, with a tiny amount of over-dub, brings out the live feel!
To get a preview of one of the songs which have already been recorded on Bandcamp.
Duck Duck Grey Duck
The line-up includes three well-seasoned musicians having gained their vast experience over many years:
- Nelson Schaer aux manettes (Drums et Vocal)
- Pierre-Henri Beyrière (Basse)
- Robin Girod (Guitare et Vocal)
- Recorded and mixed by Yvan Bing
- Expected release date: October 2014, on Casbah Records (Rock’nRoll label based in Lyon). LP and CD formats.
- 31st Mai: Péniche Cancale, Dijon
- 28th June: Nuit des Images Elysée, Lausanne
- 13th July: Festival de l’aube, bains des Pâquis, Geneva, 6am !
- 13th July: Montreux Jazz Festival, Rock Cave, Montreux
- 22st August: Pully for Noise, Pully
- 31st August: Pointe de la Jonction, Geneva