Who are we?
We are 5 students from the University of Geneva, coming from 5 different countries and studying in 3 different faculties (Economics and Management, Social Sciences and Psychology). What we have in common is the desire to make a difference and improve the lives of children in need. Together, we created Maison Khusi, whose goal is to help the NGOs Bulles d’espoir and OFI (Objectif France-Inde) to renovate a building in West Bengal (India) and transform it into an orphanage.
The project and our goals
The COVID-19 crisis has heavily affected India, and especially the children in the country. Thousands of them have been orphaned and left on the streets, prey to prostitution, pedophiles and exploitation.
Our goal is to renovate a building in the South 24 Parganas district, in the far east of India, into an orphanage that can accommodate about 20 children aged 0-6 years each year.
The renovation is being done on the site of the Asha Bhavan Center, which already operates a home for young girls with disabilities. The center will provide a safe and stable environment for the orphaned children until they are adopted.
The renovation is expected to last six months. After the renovation, several organizations will share the operating expenses of the center: the government at 60%, two French and Swiss NGOs, the local communities (through their donations) and the center’s own funds.
- To provide a stable and safe family environment for the children
- To promote their health and well-being
- To offer infrastructures adapted to the needs of children from 0 to 6 years old
- To meet the nutritional needs of children
- To find an adoptive family for the children and promote legal adoption
How will your help be used?
Thanks to the money collected during the first semester, the renovation of the building has already started: your help is now fundamental to complete the renovation and give not only a home to these children, but also a new life and hope for a better future!
How you will make a difference and give hope:
- A donation of 48 CHF will allow us to repaint 20 m2
- A donation of 100 CHF will allow us to renovate 10 m2 (out of a total of 195 m2) of floor
- A donation of 122 CHF will allow the purchase of a double bed, which will be used to accommodate two children