Building for the future generations
We are establishing the Europe-wide unique center «The Movement Spot». It is a community- and competence-center to:
- encourage children and adults through movement, education and Hiphop arts,
- promote and professionalize Breaking (Breakdance) and Hiphop culture.
We are a group of professional dancers and hiphop artists, nationally and internationally known. We are specialized in Breaking (Breakdance). Some of us are pioneers in their fields and winners of renowned competitions.
In 2016 we founded the association «The Movement» (Basel, Switzerland). Its purpose is to encourage children, youth and young adults through movement, education and Hiphop arts.
Furthermore, the association supports the professionalization of Breaking (Breakdance) and Hiphop culture. Meanwhile, Breaking is being taught at universities, performed in theaters und has been chosen as a discipline for the Youth Olympic Games. It is a dance and an art-form of the Hiphop culture, that has been establishing itself worldwide.
Our experience has shown us, that we need a proper space to achieve these goals in a sustainable, authentic and inspiring way.
We have now the unique opportunity to realize our vision of «The Movement Spot» in a beautiful location with ca. 540m2 in Pratteln (Baselland, Switzerland). The reconstruction is planned for January 2018 and the opening will be in spring 2018.
Movement, Education and Hiphop culture
The Spot will be a place to motivate and inspire ca. 500 young people yearly and to build a community. They experience dance, movement and Hiphop culture in an inspiring context, profiting from a wide range of offers.
For B-Boys and B-Girls (Breakdancers), the Spot will be a new home and hotspot to grow as a community.
For movement artists and enthusiasts, the Spot offers an inspirational space and community to practice, exchange and develop up to a professional level.
- classes and workshops in dance and training (Breaking, Hiphop dance, Contemporary, Ballet, Yoga, Pilates, and more)
- holistic training with movement experts
- sessions and open trainings
- rehearsal and practice room for dance companys and movement enthusiasts
- educational projects for children, youth, schools and social institutions
- continuing education and training in dance and movement (for amateurs and professionals)
- seminars, lectures
- Rap, Graffiti, DJing workshops
- Events (competitions, jams, sessions)
- community building
This is what we need backing for.
To build this innovative center, we need a financial aid to cover the costs of the interior work (540m2).
We have received first financial support from the lottery fund and from the Baselland Sports Department. We have already established official partnerships with Tanzbüro Basel, JuAr Basel (youth work) and with the internationally leading sports clinic Rennbahnklinik.
Thank you for considering donating to this project. Let’s move and build together!
With appreciation, The Movement Family