Make sense of your shopping with Frippie
Frippie is the ideal platform to sell and buy second hand clothes and accessories all over Switzerland at no cost! The goal of this campaign is to develop a new and even better website that will be coupled with a mobile app for Apple and Android.
By participating in this campaign, you are taking a step towards a more circular and responsible economy. Let’s all together give meaning to our shopping by promoting second hand!
What is already available?
For the moment, our service is already available via our website Frippie.ch. It can be accessed from all media: smartphones, tablets and computers.
How does it work?
If you are a seller: create your account and open your store to sell what you want to part with. Take a picture of your item, set a price and fill in the item’s characteristics. We commit ourselves to validate your ad within 24 hours.
If you are a buyer: add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to the payment. You can pay with TWINT, PostFinance, Visa and Mastercard.
Frippie’s little extras
- Guaranteed security: to ensure optimal security, when a buyer places an order on Frippie, the amount of the transaction is kept on deposit. Only when the seller processes the order and the buyer validates the receipt, we proceed to the payment of the seller. With this system, everyone is assured of receiving their due.
- A support at your disposal: if any problem occurs on the platform, we provide a support available 7 days a week. We can be reached via email, WhatsApp and our social networks at any time to answer you.
- Accessible to all: Our site is available in all 3 national languages, as well as in English.
- Easy to ship: when you sell an item and if the buyer has chosen a postal shipment, we take care of sending you the shipment note by email. All you have to do is print it and stick it on your package.
Why do we need you?
Our concept is unique in Switzerland. That’s why we want to improve our website and offer an application worthy of the name!
What will change?
- New website: in order to build a state-of-the-art application, we have to start by creating a new website that will have exactly the same functionalities as the application.
- The application: the application will then be developed in order to offer an even easier and state-of-the-art service. Thanks to the application, you will be able to benefit from new functionalities such as an instant chat to discuss with other users, a notification service to be kept informed of your sales, the possibility to create alerts to be notified as soon as an item that corresponds to your search is put on sale or an integrated photo-taking system to guarantee optimal image quality.
- Community: beyond the application, we want to create a real community. Whenever possible, we already take part in physical events to promote the circular economy as much as possible and meet our users to exchange. In the future, we will propose events to unite shopping enthusiasts driven by the desire to act more responsibly.
Our financial goal is divided into 3 levels:
- Step 1: 25’000 CHF with 200 contributors - with this amount we will secure the Impact Fund grant and improve our website.
- Step 2: 50’000 CHF - this step will be automatically reached if we reach step #1 thanks to the grant that will be added. At this stage and with this amount, we ensure the improvement of the website, but also and especially the development of the long awaited application.
- Step 3: 60’000 CHF - with this amount we reach the top and ensure an application with more advanced features.
So you’ll understand, your support will allow us to realize this ambitious but necessary project in which we sincerely believe.