About the Piece
«from Südpol to Südpol» lies somewhere between the before and the after - in the neither. In moments when life takes a turning point. Sometimes turning points are longed for to escape the stressful routine of everyday’s life. On the other hand we are afraid of this change, to loose what is safe and beloved. Each biography is characterized by such drastic experiences and decisions, whereafter nothing seems to be as it was.
About the Choreographer
In his first full-length piece, the young choreographer Bert Uyttenhove takes his current life situation as thematic starting point of his choreography. Uyttenhove decided to work in the independent scene, after ten years as a professional dancer, the four last years in the Tanz Luzerner Theater.
The basis of his choreography however is not only his biography but: «from Südpol to Südpol» motivates the composer and the dancers to express their proper experiences and interpretations to meet the complexity and ambiguity of these life twists and turns.
We need your support for:
- Decent accommodation for our artists: CHF 1500
- Rehearsal space rental: CHF 2000
- Part of the costumes and set: CHF 900
Dates and Locations
- Luzern, Südpol: 30.04 (Premiere), 02.05
- Stans, Chaeslager: 15./ 16./ 17.05.
- Bern, Tojo Theater: 22./ 23./ 24.05
- Ghent (BE), Tinnenpot: 13./ 14.06.
- Antwerp (BE), Fakkeltheater: 18.06