Local craft beer and a tasting room
I brew. Since 2014 I’ve been exploring the wild realms of beer brewing. In January 2018 I was finally able to upgrade my hobby to a more serious hobby-on-the-way-to-fulltime-job. Family, friends and me built a new brewing room in Rhäzüns. Now I can brew batches of up to 220 litres by myself.
My goals for 2018 are:
- to launch a small set of craft beers for the region (later all of Switzerland),
- to create a strong brand for the Canton Graubünden,
- to open a tasting room as a community place
- to make local artisan work a bigger thing again
- in the future: the harvest and cultivation of local yeast strains
"Special" beer doesn't make it special
I like to enjoy a good beer. I think, I’m not the only one. And handmade beer just tastes the best. Ravenhead beers are clearly set apart from the mass beer productions. They are craft beers to indulge in. Top fermentation beers. The best experience is to taste them from a proper beer tulip glass.
I’ve noticed a change in consumer behaviour, at least here in Graubünden. Soon there will be a Zero Waste Shop in Chur, more people are buying locally sourced goods and meat, artisanal work seems to be more in trend. With my brewery in Rhäzüns I want to join other pioneers in bringing local craftsmanship back to the masses. I’m also aiming to source all my ingredients locally.
And who likes to drink alone anyway? The planned tasting room will be a place for enjoyment, deceleration and (maybe) a plattform for the exchange of future visions.
For the fermentation to also be successful during hot summer days, the fermentation room needs to be air conditioned. My top fermentation beers like a fermentation temperature of 18–22 °C. It is also important, that the temperature doesn’t fluctuate. For this we want to install a proper air conditioning system.
This is what I need backing for.
My family has already invested quite substantially in the brewery: hygienic room, fermentation room with 2 x 240 liters fermentation tanks, a walk-in fridge, a 200 liter mash pot, a 300 liter cooking pot and an abundance of technical equipment.
What we are still missing is this:
- Design and implementation of the tasting room, new lights, toilet renovation — CHF 5800.-
- furniture of the tasting room (tables, chairs, bar) — CHF 3300.-
- air conditioning for fermentation room — CHF 2800.-
- dishwasher and installation — CHF 2100.-
- Branding: brand strategy, Logos, label designs, printing materials, Website — CHF 2800.-
- Printed Packaging (6 & 24 bottle carriers) — 4800.-
- bottle labels and printed beer tulip glasses — CHF 2500.-
- Online Marketing — CHF 1600.-