werk, bauen + wohnen - "Mit Lehm gegen die Bildungskrise"
Thanks to Ben Muschg from werk, bauen + wohnen, we were just presented on the magazine’s online pages! Thanks Ben! He was also there on our offline event at the Architekturforum Zürich, so he was able to learn more about the situation, … from our guests and team.
Great summary about the goals, first project in Za’atari and currently running project in Azraq! We hope it will generate some discussion in the Swiss architecture society and hopefully there will be more individuals and firms who will support the school project! Please share this article in your network and invite your friends and family to learn more about the project and to support it!
Article on the wbw’s webpage: https://www.wbw.ch/de/mehr-werk/werk-notiz/mit-lehm-gegen-die-bildungskrise.html
Post on the wbw’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/werkbauenundwohnen/?fref=mentions
Jorge Lobos speaks about the project!
Dear All, on our offline crowdfunding event in Zürich, Jorge Lobos - founder of the Emergency Architecture & Human Rights was talking about the importance of education in the region of Azraq. Please check his short presentation and let us know if you have any further questions! We still have a lot to do, so please do contact your friends and family one by one to ask their support too! MANY SMALL MAKE A GREAT! We really want to make this school happen. Thanks, Bence Komlósi and the project team
Offline Crowdfunding Event - Architekturforum Zürich
Yesterday, we had an amazing offline crowdfunding event at the Architekturforum Zürich! Moving and inspiring presentations by our guests and partner, strong discussions and important chats! Check the photos of the event on our Facebook page! It was great and empowering to see the representatives of the world-architects.com and werk, bauen + wohnen! https://www.facebook.com/architectureforrefugeesschweiz/posts/1845745589052960
Offline Event - 2 presentations by the Emergency Architecture & Human Rights
We will have 4 presentations on the 7th of June in Zürich on our offline crowdfunding event. Jorge and Wesam will represent the Emergency Architecture & Human Rights. You can also check them on their webpage: http://ea-hr.org/index/our_team/ And here is the link of the Event’s Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/225049984913934/ Please join us and bring your friends and family! Sharing is caring!
The site of the new school campus in the village of Azraq, Jordan!
Check this image by @EAHR! This is going to be the site of the new school campus!
#REPOST / EAHR in Azraq, Jordan / This is the plot where the new campus-school is going to be built during the next three months. EAHR is building in partnership with @thesyriafund , Helping Refugees in Jordan and Nashmiat al Badiya and in collaboration with @architectureforrefugees
Support refugee children visiting the following link: http://ea-hr.org/index/100-classrooms-for-refugees-children/
#eahr #100classroomsforrefugees #architecture #architectureisahumanright #education #refugees #school
Besides the online crowdfunding campaign, we are also organising an offline event to inform the society about the project! The presentations-discussion-drinks event in the Architekturforum Zürich will be on the 7th of June! Join us if you are around and invite your friends too!
THE PROGRAM EN - DE
Program of the Evening 18:00 - Arriving - chit-chat and drinks 19:00 - Presentations (4 presentations - max. 40 minutes)
- Introduction - Architecture for Refugees - AfR
- The importance of education - Sedni, a Syrian refugee living in Switzerland
- The «100 classrooms & football fields» project serie and the new school project in Azraq, Jordan - Wesam Asali (Emergency Architecture & Human Rights - EAHR)
- Building with local materials - Roger Boltshauser (Boltshauser Architekten) 19:45 - Announcement - CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN - How can you support the school project in Azraq, Jordan? 20:00 - Discussion and Q&A 20:30 - Apéro
Programm des Abends 18:00 - Eintreffen der Gäste, erste Gespräche und Getränke 19:00 - Präsentationen (je 10 min.)
- Einführung - Architecture for Refugees (AfR)
- Die Wichtigkeit von Bildung - Sedni, aus der Sicht einer syrischen Flüchtlinge in der Schweiz
- Die «100 classrooms & football fields» Projektserie und das neue Schulprojekt in Azraq, Jordanien - Wesam Asali, Emergengy Architecture & Human Rights (EAHR)
- Bauen mit lokalen Materialien - Roger Boltshauser (Boltshauser Architekten) 19:45 - Ankündigung, CROWDFUNDING KAMPAGNE: Wie können Sie das Schulprojekt in Azraq, Jordanien, unterstützen? 20:00 - Diskussion, Fragen&Antworten 20:30 - Apéro
Event’s Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/225049984913934/