What is BestVino?
BestVino.com - the best Swiss wines recommended by Swiss Wine Professionals and Sommeliers.
All Wine Lovers have had their share of disappointments when ordering wine online!
But we are doing things differently. We partner with some of Switzerland’s most respected and independent Wine Professionals to rate and review every wine on BestVino.com. Maximizing your experience and enjoyment.
We’ve brought together a team of experienced and deeply qualified professionals in viticulture (vine cultivation), wine evaluation, digital marketing and business consulting. Together, we strongly believe that promoting Swiss wines with passion and journalistic integrity is critical to the industry. This is why we only partner with wineries who share our vision and produce stellar wines, which all will enjoy.
E-commerce and digital marketing is no longer an optional add-on for Swiss Wineries* with the increasing demand by Wine Lovers, who are hungry for superb wines recommendations but also high quality information.
The idea for BestVino.com was born.
Bestvino.com connects Swiss wineries with the community of Swiss Wine Lovers and Explorers.
We partner with top Swiss Wine Professionals for a good reason:
- Recommended wines are all scored by our professionals and must achieve «Best» by scoring 15 or above, out of 20.
- Rich articles and journalistic research to reveal the Best Wine secrets, such as: «How do the professionals taste wines?»; «Why is a Scotsman’s wine from Valais so praised by one of Switzerland’s most highly awarded sommeliers?»; «What is so special about the ice wines from Kunon?»; «Why is the terroir of Lavaux so diverse?»
- Save time with selected and curated mixed cases: Pick of the House, Professional’s Selection, Good value from the Best wines.
- An alliance between independent wine makers and wine professionals, supporting an industry and providing a platform for them to share their craft and knowledge.
Our Team and the Professional Sommeliers we partner with
Geoffrey, the founder of BestVino.com comes from a family of hoteliers and wine wholesalers in the UK. His first question when moving his family to Switzerland was why had he never seen or tried a Swiss Wine? And so began the 3 year journey to create BestVino.com, a place to help the quality Swiss Wineries to connect more effectively with the Swiss Community.
Kamil is our Marketing & Digital Manager. He has over 20 years of experience in the field. As a marketing and digital expert, speaking 4 languages, he develops our brand and strives to continuously improve your experience.
The Professional Sommeliers we partner with:
We are extremely grateful for the ongoing support and encouragement from the Wine Professionals we partner with:
Jérôme Aké Béda is the official Swiss ambassador of (Switzerland’s indigenous) Chasselas wines. He is holder of the Mérite cantonal vaudois and appointed 15th Commander of the Ordre des Vins Vaudois in 2018 and 2019. He was one of the three presenters of the Fête des Vignerons 2019. Jérôme is one of the most highly respected and awarded Swiss wine experts, judges and authors.
Anna Valli is president of the Association of Swiss Professional Sommeliers of Ticino. She has won numerous awards and is a judge at the Mondial des Pinots, the Grand Prix des Vins Suisse, the Mondial du Merlot for Vinea. She is a member of the jury of the Gambero Rosso guide (Wines of Ticino) and participates in the selection of the Swiss Wine List Award, by Vinum.
Marc Checkley has had an international career in wines. A WSET qualified wine professional, he is also a television presenter and producer working with multiple high profile platforms, including Food Network and his popular food and wine series «In English Please?!» on the Gault Millau channel, Switzerland. He leads wine masterclasses and lectures on the art of storytelling at a number of hospitality schools. He has won many international and Swiss awards (in wine and media), and judged at some of Europe’s most prestigious wine competitions, including the Grand Prix du Vin Suisse, Mondial du Chasselas and the International Sparkling Wine Awards, London.
Why support us? Very good question!
You are helping us to deliver deeper and richer journalistic content to bring the story of the better Swiss Wineries to the Swiss Community.
Our platform can be found here https://www.bestvino.com/
If we reach the CHF 10’000.- we will be able to:
- Service a wider number of Swiss Wineries and the variety of Swiss wines we promote
- Deepen and accelerate the publishing of journalistic content
- Invest in rich educational video content presented by Wine Professionals
If we reach more than 10,000 CHF we also be able to:
- Invest in partnerships and physical wine events