Help Radio Gwendalyn so that she becomes everybody’s radio!
The Swiss Federal Office of Communications doesn’t financially sustain an independent non-commercial cultural radio in Ticino, Italian-speaking part of Switzerland. However this kind of help is given to radios in other Swiss cantons. Nevertheless we have worked hard without funds for 8 years:
- Since 2011 we created and sustained the first student radio network in Ticino: Radio LiME (Mendrisio Highschool), Radio JungleCiani (Lugano 1 highschool) e Radio Cassìs (Radio of the Lugano 2 highschool students). www.nettune.ch
- In the same year we created and sustained the radio of the sociopsychiatric centre in Mendrisio: Radio Casvegno.
- In 2009 we created the Gwenstival, independent radio and music festival now at its VII edition.
- We have always had special consideration towards local cultures coming from all over the planet.
- Radio Gwendalyn is often called to be the alternative partner at important cultural events and locations, such as radio residencies at Museo Vincenzo Vela, Film Festival of Locarno, ChiassoLetteraria, Performa Festival, local theatre and musical events, …
- Our radio philosophy is all about alternative music and independent culture
We have achieved a lot but we would love to do more and do it better!
It has become impossible for us to sustain the radio costs: quality and the radio programs are affected making us incapable to fulfill all the requests we receive.
We have been denied to transmit in FM and the costs for the DAB+ signal is far too high: but the DAB+ technology for smaller radios is being implemented also in our region and soon it will be possible to access it (discover more about DAB+). A great occasion for Radio Gwendalyn to become the alternative radio in Ticino!
This is why we need your help.
- To promote more independent culture
- To sustain the small local bands
- To give minorities and marginalised a voice
- To make sure everybody gets to listen to alternative and niche music
- To give analyzed and broader selected information
- To speak about a more equal and eco-sustainable world
Yes, what we are asking sounds like a lot. But let’s look at the other radios: the two commercial radios receive 1.5 million Swiss Francs from the Swiss Confederation and the State radios cost altogether 29 million Swiss Francs. We think our amount is reasonable.
With your precious help we can create a breach in Ticino and sustain a year of independent radio:
- Program costs (refunds and editing fees)
- Our studio rent
- Author’s fees
- New professional audio material
Please help us become an alternative radio voice for everybody, made by the people, free and professional. The amount we ask will help us jump onto the digital platform and live for many more years!
For more information on our specific goals and activities, click HERE!
Il costo di una radio
La cifra che chiediamo è alta, ma se pensiamo che le radio commerciali del nostro territorio ricevono più di 1 milione e mezzo di CHF dalla Confederazione (fonte: BAKOM) e le radio statali insieme costano 29 milioni di CHF (Fonte: RSI), crediamo che la nostra richiesta sia ragionevole.
Con il tuo prezioso aiuto potremo sostenere i vari costi di un anno di radio:
- Spese di programmazione (rimborsi spese e editing)
- Affitto dello studio radiofonico
- Diritti d’autore
- nuovo materiale audio professionale
La tua nuova radio ticinese
Aiutaci a diventare una voce radiofonica alternativa e per tutti, fatta dalla gente, libera e professionale. La cifra aiuterà Radio Gwendalyn a lanciarsi nel digitale e vivere negli anni a venire!
Per avere maggiori informazioni sui nostri obiettivi a lungo termine cliccate QUI.
Viva la radio!