ben ouais: we break the rules
2.8 million tonnes of food are lost every year in Switzerland. This corresponds to 330 kilograms per person per year, or about a quarter of the greenhouse gases produced by our food.
Our commitment: the «Zero Waste» virtuous cycle
- a farm that respects nature and animals
- a real locavore bistro with a bulk grocery shop + fresh products
- a restaurant and guest rooms with second-hand furniture
- local partners who follow the same ethics
The «Zero Waste» circuit in a few examples:
- working with locavore products, sold without packaging directly by the artisans
- furniture made with salvaged or second-hand furniture
- unsold menus from the bistro go to the grocery shop in «take-away» mode at very low prices.
- fresh or unsold products from the grocery shop go to the bistro to be transformed into gourmet dishes
- workshops to learn how to reduce food waste You buy locavore, you work with local craftsmen and you taste the products cooked with passion.
The Auberge will be a bistro-grocery shop-bed and breakfast with:1 restaurant with 25 seats on the ground floor 2 incredible and sunny terraces (except when it rains, well yeah) 1 privatized room on the first floor with a terrace that can accommodate groups up to 20 people (seminars, business meals, birthdays, banquets) 1 bulk grocery shop and fresh products 4 guest rooms A monthly cultural meeting in the form of an event with artists and craftsmen who will join our cause to allow you to discover the culture within the culture.
Located in the Jorat in Corcelles-le-Jorat, with easy access and parking, the Auberge ben ouais. is an ultra friendly place with a neat & relaxed atmosphere in our beautiful countryside. Nearby, the dairy offers you, among other things, its incredible choice of medal-winning cheeses - with our grocery shop and theirs, you will be able to do all your shopping without worries. ben ouais is practical.
Being able to offer you a place where you can buy, taste and share quality food that respects the environment and production methods, while reducing social injustice, is very important to us.
The idea of being able to eat better, good, clean and healthy food and favouring local producers, maximising zero waste and bringing fun back into everyday life.
The themed guest rooms will allow you to enjoy this part of the region, the starting point for many walks and other activities.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Reducing food waste and learning
This bistro-boutiquo-dodo allows everyone to become a co-sponsor by contributing to a sustainable consumption pattern.
By working directly with the 4 axes - agriculture, processing, retail and catering - we will be able to significantly reduce avoidable food waste.
With the creation of a blog, animated by Laura, you will be able to discover in a playful way, the secrets of a good food pleasure by avoiding certain traps.
Together we will be able to opt for a Zero Waste mode and favour the creation of jobs, the proximity channels with local producers and respectful of nature and animals, and allow the planet to breathe and regenerate itself.
Born from the association of a chef - Laura, a farmer - Martin and a sound engineer - Fabien. In the summer of the first confinement, a beautiful meeting and the idea germinated.
For Fabien, a lover of «culture» and sound engineer for 20 years: «After meeting Martin, our values were aligned. This motivated me to start my reconversion into a farmer».
For Laura, a chef with a federal diploma and trainer of apprentices: «As a member of the Fait Maison label and co-president of Slow Food Switzerland, working with local artisans makes sense. This meeting is the beginning of the promotion and training of good, clean and healthy eating with respect. These are values that drive me every day!
For Martin: «Seeing the fruit of my labour valued in a respectful way, with a playful and fun form of education, motivates me even more to look for sustainable and regenerative solutions in my profession.»
Why help us ?
In Corcelles-le-Jorat, the communal inn, a building dating from the beginning of the 20th century, plays an important social role. It is a meeting place for the region and has made the town famous for its home-made specialities.
Thanks to you, we have the opportunity to take it over and transform it to keep this place alive.
The Auberge will be a bistro-grocery shop-bed and breakfast with:
- 1 restaurant with 25 seats on the ground floor
- 2 incredible and sunny terraces
- 1 private room on the first floor with a terrace that can accommodate groups of up to 20 people (seminars, business meals, birthdays, banquets)
- 1 bulk grocery shop and fresh products
- 4 guest rooms
- A monthly cultural rendezvous in the form of an event with artists and craftsmen who would join our cause to allow you to discover culture within culture.
Located in the Jorat in Corcelles-le-Jorat, with easy access and parking, the Auberge ben ouais. is an ultra-friendly place with a neat & relaxed atmosphere in our beautiful countryside. Nearby, the dairy shop offers you, among other things, its incredible choice of medal-winning cheeses - with our grocery shop and theirs, you will be able to do all your shopping without worries. ben ouais is practical.
Your financial contribution will allow us to buy :
- recyclable raw materials to make our grocery containers and furniture
- eco-sustainable refrigerated furniture for the sale of fresh products
- a meat curing cabinet to allow us to cure the products of our farm
- a dehydrator to reduce food waste
- furniture for the restaurant and the guest rooms found at flea markets
- a rotisserie to rotate the chickens on Sundays and animate the village square
- media equipment for the conference room
Supporting ben ouais is a benevolent act for our beautiful region and planet.