What is it about?
UPDATE => If we reach 25’000 CHF and 200 supporters, the Impact Fund will double this amount - even if we ’re below target.
HEALTHY SOILS = CLIMATE PROTECTION
Modern agriculture continues to fuel climate change, but it is also affected by it. Many soils are stressed, diseased and depleted - but that could be changed! As a climate farming pioneer, Franz has shown that building up humus strengthens natural soil fertility while also protecting the climate. He was awarded the Swiss agroPrize in 2019.
OUR GOAL? TRAINING CLIMATE FARMERS
Our e-learning Humuswirtschaft.ch packs Franz’s experience & knowledge into practical online courses and accompanies those who wish to convert to humus farming. The more farmers learn with us, the more quickly agriculture will become climate positive and we can hand over healthy soils to the next generation.
- Go to slide 1 out of 4.
- Go to slide 2 out of 4.
- Go to slide 3 out of 4.
- Go to slide 4 out of 4.
Why is it special?
Humus farming is a circular economy for the farm and conveys ancient knowledge of nature in a contemporary form. We show farmers step by step how to bring the farm system into balance – be it with or without animal husbandry.
HEALTHY SOILS, BY THEIR OWN POWER
It is important to Franz that farmers become independent again and can act on their own responsibility instead of always having to ask for advice. The old knowledge of nature is simple and it works. Those who understand the principles a can think and decide for themselves. On Humuswirtschaft.ch they will learn:
- CLIMATE PROTECTION: Build up humus and store CO2 in the soil
- YIELD SECURITY: Strengthening the natural fertility of the soil
- HEALTH: Produce healthy food ENVIRONMENT: Showing that biodiversity can also be found on a productive farm
- TOGETHER WE THRIVE
With Humuswirtschaft.ch we want to become the first point of contact for farmers who want to maintain their soils in a healthy way and become part of the solution. In the medium term, Humuswirtschaft.ch should also become a hub for the
- NETWORKING between humus farmers and consumers (e.g. through direct marketing) and for the
- DISTRIBUTION of services or products that have proven their worth in humus management (e.g. humus advice on the farm or checking the humus content or the health status of the soil).
Why we need your support
We want to really make a difference! Which is why we aspire to create a professional e-learning that is fun to use and ensures high learning success.
- CHF 25,000 will enable us to create a lean platform that covers the most important functions so our learners can get started! If we also reach 200 or more supporters, this means we will benefit from our impact fund share!
- CHF 45’000: Version 1.0, where we can add more features and have the means to produce more learning videos and info-graphics, to include interactive knowledge checks and to thoroughly user-test and improve the learning experience.
If we exceed our funding target, we could also…
- Promote the launch of the e-learning in a targeted manner.
- Start the development of a first in-depth module (e.g. slurry, technology & machinery or plant charcoal).
- Fairpay our colleagues who have been working at a goodwill rate up to now.
- Putting the money aside for loans to farms that want to convert to humus farming.
The demo lesson is scheduled to go live in summer. The two basic modules are planned for late autumn 2021.