Run your science crowdfunding campaign with wemakeit.com and benefit from the Science Booster program to double your funds!
To help you reach your goals and have maximum impact, the Swiss National Science Foundation has pledged to match any amount you successfully raise (up to CHF 5’000). In short, for every Swiss franc someone contributes to your science project, the Swiss National Science Foundation gives you another Swiss franc.
Why wait? Run your science campaign on today and receive support from the Science Booster team! It is composed of Mirko Bischofberger and Luc Henry, two former researchers and communication professionals with a true passion for science. They will help you reach your goal and maximize your impact!
Contact us at email@example.com to participate for free in the next workshop on May 9th, 2023 at 2pm to start your own science crowdfunding campaign.
For further questions, please read the FAQ below, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Participation
- Your project falls into the science category.
- Participation is open to everyone in Switzerland, Austria and Germany and can be in any scientific discipline.
- When submitting the project, you must state that you wish to participate in the Science Booster.
- All projects will go through wemakeit.com standard application procedure before they receive specific assistance from the Science Booster team. We will send a confirmation in case you meet the requirements for the channel and will start the coaching immediately.
- Q: Why a Science Booster?
A: We want to support innovative ways of conducting and communicating science. Our collaboration with wemakeit.com explores crowdfunding as a tool to empower curious and courageous researchers who want to reach out to the public and share their passion for science. It gives everyone a chance to raise their own funds and to test unconventional scientific ideas.
- Q: Who is the team behind the Science Booster?
A: The Science Booster team is composed of Mirko Bischofberger and Luc Henry. Mirko has a PhD in Molecular Biology from EPFL. Luc has a PhD in chemical biology from the University of Oxford. Both have a long experience in science journalists and science communicators. Mirko is also a film maker, and Luc is the co-founder of the DIY science laboratory Hackuarium.
- Q: How can I benefit from the Science Booster?
A: When submitting your science project to wemakeit.com, you must specify that you wish to participate to the coaching program by choosing the Science Booster. We will review your project, contact you with inputs and offer to help you with all aspect of the campaign.
- Q: Do I need to be affiliated with a university or another research institution?
A: No. We love to work with professional scientists, but any individual with a personal project or a citizen science project can apply, independently of an institutional affiliation.
- Q: Are there topics that are not allowed?
A: As long as there are no legal or ethical issues with the project, any research topic will be considered for the Science Booster. We reserve the right to reject projects that we believe are not aligned with our values.
- Q: What amount can I ask for?
- A: The campaign goal can be anything from a few hundreds to several thousands Swiss franks. The Science Booster has had very successful projects with goals over 100,000 CHF. We will provide you inputs on your goal after seeing your project.