Run your science-campaign on wemakeit and double the funds you raise with our Science Booster!
Whether you are a researcher in a university willing to gain independence, or a free mind doing experiments in your garden or garage, the Science Booster is for you. Professional and amateur scientists have one thing in common: curiosity. And that is exactly what we want to support.
To help you reach your goals and maximize your impact, the Gebert Rüf Stiftung has pledged to match the funds raised by successful campaigns in the Science Booster (up to CHF 10,000 per project).
In short, for every Swiss franc backers contribute to your science project, you’ll get another Swiss franc.
Why wait? Gather your thoughts, plan your campaign and boost your science!
You will find the conditions for participation and more information in the FAQ below. If you have further questions, or want to register for an infosession, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Interested? Meet us in person at one of our infosessions:
- EPFL, Lausanne, 2nd March 2016, 15:15 to 16:00 (part of STIL, the Technologies and Innovation Exhibition)
Conditions of Participation
- Your project falls into the science category.
- Participation is open to all researchers working in Switzerland an in any discipline.
- When submitting the project, you must state that you wish to participate in the Science Booster.
- The Gebert Rüf Stiftung will match the full target amount of successful campaigns, with a maximum of CHF 10,000 per project.
- All projects will go through wemakeit standard application procedure, receive assistance from project coaches and a confirmation in case they meet the requirements for the channel.
- Geburt Rüf Stiftung acts in the capacity of a normal backer – the money will be paid out only if the crowdfunding campaign is concluded successfully.
- You agree to allow Gebert Rüf Stiftung and wemakeit to write about your campaigns on their own platforms, as well as on social media.Project
- Q: Why a Science Booster?
- A: The Gebert Rüf Stiftung supports innovative ways of conducting and communicating science. This collaboration with wemakeit explores crowdfunding as a tool to empower young and courageous researchers who want to reach out to the public and share their passion for science. It gives curious minds, within and outside classic academic institutions, a chance to raise their own funds and to test unconventional ideas.
- Q: How can I benefit from the Science Booster?
- A: When submitting your science project to wemakeit, you must specify that you wish to participate to the program by choosing the Science Booster. Only successful campaigns will receive matching funds. The matching fund is distributed directly by wemakeit on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Q: Do I need to be affiliated with a university or another research institution?
- A: No. Any individual with a personal project or a citizen science project can apply, independently of an institutional affiliation.
- Q: Are there topics that are not allowed?
- A: As long as there is no legal or ethical issue with the project, any research topic will be considered for the Science Booster.
- Q: What amount can I ask for?
- A: The campaign goal can be unlimited. However, the Science Booster will only match up to CHF 10,000 per project. If you reach your campaign goal and raise more than this amount, you will receive the maximum of CHF 10,000.